[Asterisk-Users] RDNIS

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Oct 26 07:34:14 MST 2004

Hi,

You have it about right. It may really not be available on the 5ESS you
connect to, though. I think its an optional feature on many switches.
The text yuo quote makes it sound like a cost option on this one.

What goes in the RDNIS field is rather variable. On a Hua Wei switch I
could choose from a fairly long list of things. For them it seems to be
a place to stuff any extra info you want :-)

If you are mere customer of the mighty powerful telco, and they say you
can't have an RDNIS field, then I guess you can't have it. The only
times I have seen the field populated is when working fairly closely
with the operator of the switch, and it was custom configured for me.

Regards,
Steve