[Asterisk-Users] RDNIS

Michael B. Murdock mike123 at switchmaxx.com
Tue Oct 26 07:04:02 MST 2004

Michael,
I have asked a very similar question over the past week and gotton no
answer... Seems like no one here knows much about it...or just doesn't want
to wade in..

Here is what I have found out so far. The RDNIS field should be populated
with the ISDN PRI Redirecting Number Information Element *IF* your PRI
provider has that option turned on. Different switches handle this option
differently. In our case the switch is a Lucent 5ESS and our provider was
told by Lucent that this feature is not available (BS). After more research,
reading the ISDN Spec
(http://www.itu.int/rec/recommendation.asp?type=folders&lang=e&parent=T-REC-
Q.931) and the AT&T version of the spec
(http://www.att.com/cpetesting/pdf/tr41459_99.pdf  - See part III Section
3.6.6.7 Redirecting Number), and speaking with a knowledgable switch tech as
a lab we use we where able to determine that on the 5ESS this option could
be enabled (page 5.1 Field 152 STDRNSRC=YES, Requires Secure Feature 161
enabled) but that this may require that your provider purchase a feature (or
feature pack) that they may not have enabled.

All this being said we are still waiting to get this enabled so we can start
testing with it.

I suspect that you are in a similar situation. You may need to become a bit
of an ISDN expert in order to explain to the switch tech specifically what
option you want enabled... Start with the references above, find out what
switch you are connected to and go from there.

-- Mike