[Asterisk-Users] Re: Benjk's Question "Why FXS"

Reid A. Forrest reid at cvtelecom.com
Mon Oct 25 16:15:41 MST 2004

I may be wrong, but from what I've seen so far, an FXS port will run you
about $100/port anyway, plus the cost of the analog device. At this price, I
can't see any reason not to dump the analog and go with a cheap VOIP device.
Even the lowest end (i.e. Grandstream) will give you more functionality than
most analog phones at the same price. Now if you have a source for cheap or
free channel banks, that's another story.