[Asterisk-Users] Agents allowed to transfer but * just hangs up!

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Oct 26 16:10:03 MST 2004

--On Tuesday, October 26, 2004 07:22 -0400 Steve Totaro
<asterisk at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:

> I am sure the problem could be fixed within minutes if you post the
> console output.

I got pushed in the right direction, two part problem * accepting a SIP
INVITE transfer that it wasn't going to accept (thus the hangup) and my not
havint a t in the right place in my dialplan.  I still can't park calls but
I've gotten rid of the agent stuff now.  I was still having problems with
ChanIsAvail() and I think that's a mutex race condition or deadlock there
since I end up with channels that are totally completely stuck and the
caller hangs up, the telco send a release, but asterisk never fully
releases it (haven't debugged the PRI messages, again can't reproduce it
reliably) so when the telco does a SETUP again, * claims circuits busy, and
caller gets the telco 'all circuits are busy' message with a fast busy --
again I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably yet, but it does seem to
be caused during agent avail checks, and the way ChanIsAvail() reserves
then hangs up an agent channel so quickly might figure into it -- remember
I had to put in a patch or my agents were getting logged out, then never
able to handle another call until the * was restarted because agent's
private p->start time was getting set for every hangup instead of being set
to 0 which is what the logic more seemed to want.

It's possible that the hangup code still needs work in order to handle the
ChanIsAvail checks.