[Asterisk-Users] Howto get voicemail $VM_ vars into externnotify script?

Wilson Pickett wilson.pickett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 02:09:00 MST 2004

> I am trying to slap together a script that will email2sms the details of
> the voicemails left on my * box to my gsm phone. I can't figure out how
> to get my script to pick up the voicemail vars like ${VM_MSGNUM},
> ${VM_DATE}, ${VM_MAILBOX}, ${VM_CALLERID}, ${VM_DUR}.
change the voicemail.conf to include them in the body using the emailbody as in

emailbody=${VM_NAME} <${VM_MAILBOX}>\n\nYou have received a ${VM_DUR}
message from ${VM_CALLERID}.  The message was left on ${VM_DATE}.

The above probably needs to be on one line. Just change the wording
the way you want it.