[Asterisk-Users] Howto get voicemail $VM_ vars into externnotify script?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 24 18:48:35 MST 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to slap together a script that will email2sms the details of
the voicemails left on my * box to my gsm phone. I can't figure out how
to get my script to pick up the voicemail vars like ${VM_MSGNUM},
${VM_DATE}, ${VM_MAILBOX}, ${VM_CALLERID}, ${VM_DUR}. Right now I have
this:

#!/bin/sh
/bin/mail -s "Voicemail received with details:
Msg nr  : `echo $VM_MSGNUM`
Msg date: `echo $VM_DATE`
For     : `echo $VM_MAILBOX`
>From    : `echo $VM_CALLERID`
Length  : `echo $VM_DUR`" email at domain

Which doesn't work as all the $VM_ vars show up blank.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Patrick