[Asterisk-Users] Howto get voicemail $VM_ vars into externnotify script?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 25 04:48:58 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 11:09, Wilson Pickett wrote:
> > I am trying to slap together a script that will email2sms the details of
> > the voicemails left on my * box to my gsm phone. I can't figure out how
> > to get my script to pick up the voicemail vars like ${VM_MSGNUM},
> > ${VM_DATE}, ${VM_MAILBOX}, ${VM_CALLERID}, ${VM_DUR}.
> change the voicemail.conf to include them in the body using the emailbody as in
>
> emailbody=${VM_NAME} <${VM_MAILBOX}>\n\nYou have received a ${VM_DUR}
> message from ${VM_CALLERID}.  The message was left on ${VM_DATE}.

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already have normal voicemail notification
via email working. Just as you pointed out. What I want to do besides
this is use a script configured in externnotify=/home/patrick/myapp.sh
in voicemail.conf to email this same data to a special email address
that will forward that data automatically as an sms message to my gsm
phone. This simple script doesn't even work:

$cat myapp.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo $emailbody

So either I am doing something not right or maybe these vars are not
exported (or whatever the right word is) by app_voicemail and can't be
accessed by other applications.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick