[Asterisk-Users] ACT Gateways

Mon Oct 25 04:42:12 MST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:48:35 +0200, Miroslav Nachev <miro at space-comm.com> wrote:

>    Yes, I now all prices of Yoda, and I am looking for some partners
> with which to combine one order for samples.

I am only willing to pay for a sample if they

- GUARANTEE that their product will work 100% in any possible
situation you could encounter in Japan, that is it has to work with
NTT analog PSTN lines; analog phone lines delivered by ADSL modem
based "VoIP" services such as YahooBB, OCN, etc; analog ports on all
the major ISDN TAs in use over here such as NEC and Yamaha

- will refund not only the purchase price but also the shipping
charges, tax, duties and wasted time if it turns out that the product
does not stack up to the Japanese environment

- have at the very least applied for Japanese type approval with JATE

If those conditions are not met, then that means that we will end up
doing research for the vendor and if we are to do that free of charge,
then they must deliver a free sample for testing.

Quid pro quo.

However, some vendors are smart enough to realise that somebody like
us testing their device in Japan will actually add more value than
they are to gain from a quick one time sale.

>The problem is that they require min. 10 pcs per order.

I have sent an email to Yoda and I will call them as soon as the
current Typhoon has passed over Taiwan and people there will have
returned to work. At the moment everything is shut down there. So,
let's see how they respond.

If they meet the conditions, I am happy to join in on an order. If
they don't but provide a sample for testing and the device turns out
to be usable here, then, too, I will be happy to join in on an order.

>    The price for samples of VG400 is $320. The device use TI DSP for
> coding. The prices for regual (big) quantities is $60 per port

seems reasonable and affordable.

let's see how Yoda respond.

rgds
benjk