[Asterisk-Users] manager interface to barge

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:13:11 MST 2004

Hi Umar,

[super big snip]
> I want users to be able to do something simillar using there handsets. The
> reason I asked is that I am assuming that Nicholas is transferring the calls
> to a meetme conference, using the management api and then landing the third
> person in the same conference in listen only mode.
>
> The fop is gpl, so I could actually look at the code to work out exactly how
> it implements the barge. I am not a perl programmer (I think that's what FOP
> is mostly done in) so thought I ask a straight question.

FOP works like this:

In the manager you have to use the Redirect command:

Action: Redirect
Channel: XXXX
ExtraChannel: YYYY
Exten: MEETME_ROOM_EXTENSION
Context: MEETME_ROOM_CONTEXT

The two parties will land in a meetme room. Its instant, and its hard
to notice that you have been redirected to a meetme.

Then originate from the third channel a call to the same meetme room.

Action: Originate
Channel: ZZZZ
Exten: MEETME_ROOM_EXTENSION
Context: MEETME_ROOM_CONTEXT

You need to setup your extensions.conf accordingly...

Its kind of a hack but it works. Now, how can you make it from a
handset or directlly from the dialplan, I dont know. Maybe you have to
look at those java wrappers that mix agi with manager.

Best regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina