[Asterisk-Users] manager interface to barge

usedcanon usedcanon at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 14:42:54 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Bill Seddon
Sent: 20 October 2004 22:06
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] manager interface to barge

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Nicolás
Gudiño
Sent: 20 October 2004 18:21
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion

Hello,

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:48:43 -0600, TELUX <list at t1.bz> wrote:
> Can the Manager interface be used to barge my phone into an existing
> conversation?

You need to use manager redirect and meetme. Check out my Flash
Operator Panel, it lets you barge on calls.

http://www.asternic.org

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina

Thats interesting, can you explain a bit more how that is done. I would like
to implement something simillar without using the Flash operator.

Umar

Hey, Umar

It seems a bit cheeky asking the guy who wrote Flash Operator Panel how to
get something done so you don't have to use it.  I'm sure Nicolas will reply
but it might be helpful to him to learn from you why FOP doesn't work for
you.  If it’s a feature thing, maybe it a feature he can add and we all win.

Bill Seddon

Bill,

My reason is very simple :-)..

I want users to be able to do something simillar using there handsets. The
reason I asked is that I am assuming that Nicholas is transferring the calls
to a meetme conference, using the management api and then landing the third
person in the same conference in listen only mode.

The fop is gpl, so I could actually look at the code to work out exactly how
it implements the barge. I am not a perl programmer (I think that's what FOP
is mostly done in) so thought I ask a straight question.

Hope this makes sense and Nicholas can share his knowledge (although he
already has)

Umar