[Asterisk-Users] Tranferring UniCall lines

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Oct 19 17:28:09 MST 2004

Hi Guillermo,

Guillermo Freige wrote:

> It's possible to use the "Transfer" function in UniCall MFC/R2 lines?.
> The command seems to do nothing when called from a R2 call, but it
> works fine from a SIP phone. Transfer and 3waycalling options are set
> to "Yes" in unicall.conf. I've tried the "hook" command but it didn't
> work either.
> I need to make a blind transfer from a incoming line of our
> R2-connected PBX to another extension in the PBX, to not to waste 2
> channels in a second Dial command.
> Also I'm having trouble with outgoing calls generated in Asterisk to
> the PBX via the R2 line. The call hangs after a couple of seconds if
> answered in the first ring, or dies after the first ring if
> unnattended, and the channel remains in "Call" state in asterisk. Any
> indea?. Incoming calls work ok.
>
> Guillermo

It is good to hear you are getting some success with my R2 code.

R2 does not allow transfers of that kind. It is a protocol limitation,
not something about my implementation. You cannot free up the circuits.
In general, only the modern common channel message oriented protocols,
like ISDN and SS7, can do that.

The outgoing call problem has been reported already. The will be a fix
in a few days for that, and some polishing.

Which country are you in? I am trying to find which national variants of
the R2 protocol are being tested.

Regards,
Steve