[Asterisk-Users] X100P red alert

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Tue Oct 19 14:49:41 MST 2004

Whilst the card does get power from the line, it does detect if the line
is present. If you have the zaptel module loaded, and the ztcfg runs ok,
you should have:

bash $ cat /proc/zaptel/1
Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X101P Board 1"

           1 WCFXO/0/0 FXSKS (In use)

This will say RED ALARM if the card is unable to use the line. Check the
cord you have plugged in is the correct cord, and has the correct pins
connected. I had this originally, and on swapping the cord all worked
fine :)

Also:

bash $ ls -al /dev/zap/*
lr-xr-xr-x  1 root root        7 Jan  1  1970 /dev/zap/1 -> span1/1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 196, 254 Jan  1  1970 /dev/zap/channel
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 196,   0 Jan  1  1970 /dev/zap/ctl
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 196, 255 Jan  1  1970 /dev/zap/pseudo
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 196, 253 Jan  1  1970 /dev/zap/timer

/dev/zap/span1:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  1 root root      0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x  1 root root      0 Jan  1  1970 ..
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 196, 1 Jan  1  1970 1
bash $

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Karl