[Asterisk-Users] Quick question regarding daily restart of asterisk

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Oct 19 00:34:45 MST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, David H Hickman wrote:

> This tends to be a religious issue.   I guess I am an older admin.  :)
> I come from the school of thought that it is a good idea to
> reboot a server that is not meant to be used interactivly (console or
> terminal) on a schedule.  Most software does not require it.  In my
> experience, the systems that have some sort of auto reboot, typically
> run for years without any real maintenance.

Most of our servers stay up until there is some need (such as power
reconfiguration) to power them down. The time between restarts is usually
about a year.

The asterisk box is close to half a year now. Asterisk itself has been
restarted once since we needed to change a configuration that required a
restart to reload.

Peter