[Asterisk-Users] Quick question regarding daily restart of asterisk

David H Hickman dhickman at its-my.net
Tue Oct 19 00:14:48 MST 2004

This tends to be a religious issue.   I guess I am an older admin.  :)
I come from the school of thought that it is a good idea to
reboot a server that is not meant to be used interactivly (console or
terminal) on a schedule.  Most software does not require it.  In my
experience, the systems that have some sort of auto reboot, typically
run for years without any real maintenance.

My * box reboots itself on sundays at 0300.  It also rsyncs config
files and voicemail on an hourly basis with another server ( that does
not reboot.  All it does is act as a samba and nfs fileserver.)  Calls
are scp as soon as they are combined after the call.

---

David Hickman

PH 	314-433-0133 x31	Fax	314-865-4752
AIM: 		fsckrmrf		ICQ:	7059948
YahooIM:	dhickman

PGP Prefered - Use current key from the keyservers.