[Asterisk-Users] IAXy setup

Wilson Pickett wilson.pickett at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 23:58:07 MST 2004

Butting in because I own one too:
> 1. The MAC address needs to be visible on the unit.
Yes, Mark & Co, this is a good idea.

> 2. DNS support. The IAXy needs to be able to handle names.
Too much to ask in such a simple device. Even though we'd all like to see it.

> 3. Restore to factory.
Yes, please. I almost paralyzed my "paper clip hand" before I learned
that the reset button was only there for "aesthetic purposes".

> 4. Some kind of TFTP, SSH or whatever is needed to allow connection and
> configuration of the device.

I can see why this is not the case. However, if some kind soul would
make a Windows command line  "iaxyprovision.exe" I'd be happy.