[Asterisk-Users] DND on SIP

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Oct 14 04:59:44 MST 2004

Paul Crick [web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com] wrote:
> I implemented DND using *78 and *79 in conjunction with AstDB and the
> dialplan (and some tweaks to the Cisco dialplan.xml) for a client of mine.
> We added some checking to the dial macro to see if the DB flag was set or
> not, dumping the caller to voicemail if set versus ringing the local
> phone if not.
>
> I *think* there's an example on the wiki (or one of the config example
> files referenced on there) which I tweaked a bit to make fit.
>
> Feel free to contact me off-list if you get no joy and I'll lend a hand.

On the Cisco 7960, I prefer to use the built-in DND facility.
Switch it on with the "Settings-6-Yes-Save-Back" sequence, which is
easy to remember once you've done it a few times.  To switch it off,
simply press the "DBD" soft-key that should have been present in the
first place.

The beauty of this method is the fact that the phone will tell you when
it's in DND mode.  Other methods, involving AstDB etc., will not.
I imagine that something could be done to change the dial tone, or
something, when an AstDB-implemented DND mode is in use, but this would
involve more work.

The Cisco always displays a CFwdALL button, and tells you when forwarding
is in effect, so perhaps something could be done with that - if being
reminded that you're in "DND" mode is important to you.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz