[Asterisk-Users] DND on SIP

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Thu Oct 14 06:02:50 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 07:59, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Paul Crick [web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com] wrote:
> >
> On the Cisco 7960, I prefer to use the built-in DND facility.
> Switch it on with the "Settings-6-Yes-Save-Back" sequence, which is
> easy to remember once you've done it a few times.  To switch it off,
> simply press the "DBD" soft-key that should have been present in the
> first place.
>
> The beauty of this method is the fact that the phone will tell you when
> it's in DND mode.  Other methods, involving AstDB etc., will not.
> I imagine that something could be done to change the dial tone, or
> something, when an AstDB-implemented DND mode is in use, but this would
> involve more work.
>
> The Cisco always displays a CFwdALL button, and tells you when forwarding
> is in effect, so perhaps something could be done with that - if being
> reminded that you're in "DND" mode is important to you.

How do you get * to forward the call to the next dialplan entry?
I always get a busy signal when turning on the DND option of the 7960.

Sample dialplan:
   exten => 14,1,Dial(SIP/14,25,t|)
   exten => 14,2,Voicemail(u14)
   exten => 14,103,Voicemail(b14)
   exten => 14,104,Hangup ; and then hangup.

DND makes it ring busy.

--
respectfully, Joseph ===============