[Asterisk-Users] No audio on incoming IAX calls

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Wed Oct 13 18:42:03 MST 2004

matt.riddell at sineapps.com wrote:

> One other possible hint: I can't ping anybody except for my gateway.

If this is so, then it looks like your networking setup should be the
starting point of your troubleshooting efforts.

I'd suggest you first get the networking configuration of your box
properly set up, stuff like making sure the ethernet cables are properly
connected, your network card works properly etc the basic stuff. then,
without * started, see if you can ping the rest of the IAX/SIP
clients/phones on the network.

after that bit's settled then you should progress to troubleshooting the
* -> IAX client connection.

it's not a good idea to much about with the * config files when you
can't even ping anyone else!

Cheers
Flynn