[Asterisk-Users] No audio on incoming IAX calls

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Oct 13 18:27:05 MST 2004

This seems to be an incredibly strange one.

I have a couple of problems (well more than that but a couple that
relate to Asterisk).

First is that when somebody calls me via IAX neither end can hear any
audio.  If however I dial from here, there is no problem.

This is strange because a) there don't appear to be any errors, b)
the call flows right through the dialplan through to dialing my phone
(connected to an FXS module on TDM400P), the phone rings but when I
answer, there is just silence.

Ok and now for the strange one.

I can't get any IAX clients to work with my server.  My iax.conf is
right (I have stripped it right back) and I have tried it in multiple
configurations.

Now for the hint: it would appear that when I try to register a
client (DIAX for example - although I have tried all) with
192.168.0.xx (the internal network on interface eth0), there is no
response whatsoever.  Even with IAX debug on.  If however I register
with nz.sineapps.com (which terminates to my machine on interface
hsb0) then the registration appears to work.

Ah a note of clarification on the above point, I have tried both
binding to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 as well as no bind address.

One other possible hint: I can't ping anybody except for my gateway.

I've searched all over the net (google at least) as well as the wiki
and #asterisk without success.  I am thinking that my solution may be
to format the drive and reinstall (I have removed rather a few
packages related to X because I initially was running KDE on the
box).

Also...there should be no problem with my hostname returning
linux.sineapps.com should there?

Thanks for reading this far, I hope someone can help!

Cheers,

Matt Riddell
http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News - html)
http://www.sineapps.com/rssfeed.php (Daily Asterisk News - rss)