[Asterisk-Users] No audio on incoming IAX calls

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Oct 13 18:56:19 MST 2004

On 14 Oct 2004 at 9:42, el Flynn wrote:

> matt.riddell at sineapps.com wrote:
> >
> > One other possible hint: I can't ping anybody except for my gateway.
> >

> If this is so, then it looks like your networking setup should be the
> starting point of your troubleshooting efforts.
>
> I'd suggest you first get the networking configuration of your box
> properly set up, stuff like making sure the ethernet cables are
> properly connected, your network card works properly etc the basic
> stuff. then, without * started, see if you can ping the rest of the
> IAX/SIP clients/phones on the network.

This setup had been running fine for over a year...and yes the
general networking works.  I was previously running the web server on
the same box and it was fine...except once the traffic started
getting high (hence the move to offsite hosting with LiveVOIP LLC).

Sorry I meant that I can't ping out past the gateway.  There is no
problem ping internal addresses (i.e. the ones that IAX clients are
calling from).

> after that bit's settled then you should progress to troubleshooting
> the * -> IAX client connection.
>
> it's not a good idea to much about with the * config files when you
> can't even ping anyone else!

I have a reasonable knowledge of the config files and have many
Asterisk boxes set up at remote locations around New Zealand.  The
reason I can't ping is because I set my firewall to disallow incoming
ICMP.

Cheers,

Matt Riddell
http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News - html)