[Asterisk-Users] Large Scale Asterisk Migration

Ariel's Hotmail arielb27 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 09:40:30 MST 2004

Stan Brinkerhoff wrote:
> Just as a what if...
>
> Lets say I have a 250 phone rollout.  I have three incoming T1 lines
> (however thoes are usually setup) with say 1000 phone numbers
> available to me.  Every phone is currently analog, but I would like
> to move to a VOIP based setup when the prices become comperable.
>
> What am I looking at for equipment here?  How do I possibly provide
> 250 phone ports with the Digium 4 port pci cards?  Wouldn't I need a
> ton of them?

All you need to do is get Some Channel Banks Adtran 750/850 will give 24
port FXS analog ports. Each one requires an T1 connection to the Asterisk
box.  Since your setting up that many in my view you will need more then one
asterisk server and use TE410p board which give you 4 T1 connections each.
So do the math and you can figure out your setup.