[Asterisk-Users] Large Scale Asterisk Migration

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Oct 12 09:48:01 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 12:26 -0400, Stan Brinkerhoff wrote:
> Just as a what if...
>
> Lets say I have a 250 phone rollout.  I have three incoming T1 lines
> (however thoes are usually setup) with say 1000 phone numbers available
> to me.  Every phone is currently analog, but I would like to move to a
> VOIP based setup when the prices become comperable.
>
> What am I looking at for equipment here?  How do I possibly provide 250
> phone ports with the Digium 4 port pci cards?  Wouldn't I need a ton of
> them?

Maybe you need to go look at the dimensioning page on the wiki to see
how people deal with higher densities. Take for instance the fact that
an ADIT 600 can take 2 T1 lines and turn it into 48 analog phone lines.
So 3 ports for your inbound T1s, and 11 ports to cover the analog ports.
So 14 ports divided by 4 and rounded up to the next highest integer and
you have 4 four port cards.