[Asterisk-Users] Intel Modem vs Digium Cards

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Tue Oct 12 01:05:02 MST 2004

I think it's a good thing the rest of the user community (IMHO) doesn't appear to follow your lead then!

I bought a £20 generic X101P from a local voip hardware supplier, and am rather pleased I did. It works most of the time, but drops calls occasionally. I originally thought this might be due to it being a cheap card, but I now find out that the Digium X100P/X101P is the same card with a heatsink, and is 5 times more expensive. Nice. Additionally, the problem appears to be that the AMD Duron/VIA chipset combination in my server doesn't get along with the X10(0|1)P cards, and so if I'd bought the pricey card, I'd still have problems, only solvable by another purchase, and also be significantly out of pocket.

FYI: I found all this out by use of Google, and the user community. I go searching for my solutions, and have not called Digium once, and would not expect them to answer calls on my card.

To resolve my problem, I may buy a Sipura-3000, I may buy a Digium TDM card. One I woiuld expect support from Digium for, one I would not.

Both I would expect to be able to *ask* a question here, and I would *hope* that people that had heard of what I'm using would respond. I would also hope that people that had ever heard of it would keep quiet rather than waste my bandwidth baiting me as to why I didn't buy their pet hardware choice of the moment.

Cheers for now,

Karl

http://www.star.net.uk