[Asterisk-Users] Generic X100P's

Tue Oct 12 01:01:05 MST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:16:14 -0500, Steven Critchfield
<critch at basesys.com> wrote:
> 2 cards is the highest number recommended.

That's not entirely correct.

It should be

"2 cards is the higher number recommended ***on x86 hardware***"

If you use a Mac running LinuxPPC, you can use as many cards as the
Mac has PCI slots (six on some models), no interrupt issues, no sound
artifacts, works flawlessly.

And though I haven't tested it myself, I would think the same is true
for other PPC based hardware, ie IBM or even the Amiga One DIY kit.

rgds
benjk
Tokyo, Japan.