[Asterisk-Users] Generic X100P's

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Oct 12 08:36:06 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 17:01 +0900, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists
wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:16:14 -0500, Steven Critchfield
> <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
> > 2 cards is the highest number recommended.
>
> That's not entirely correct.
>
> It should be
>
> "2 cards is the higher number recommended ***on x86 hardware***"
>
> If you use a Mac running LinuxPPC, you can use as many cards as the
> Mac has PCI slots (six on some models), no interrupt issues, no sound
> artifacts, works flawlessly.

Funny since there is only 4 real IRQ lines on a PCI bus. They are A, B,
C, and D. If you have more than 4 slots on a PCI bus, then you are most
definately reusing a real IRQ wire.

As for if PPC could handle it, I haven't seen any drivers. Could be me
ignoring those threads.