[Asterisk-Users] Generic X100P's

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Oct 11 17:25:48 MST 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> But as I mentioned, it won't
> be completely representative of your suggested final deployment and may
> cause you unforeseen trouble. If you are being serious about testing for
> real deployments, you should go ahead and buy final hardware. If you are
> testing to deploy for a customer, you need to be very aware of your
> final hardware.

I second that emotion -- I bought a t100p and a pair (just in case 1
failed) of Adtran 750 channel banks off ebay.

I did a sales presentation last week. My demo kit consisted of a 1u
server, a channel bank, a breakout box, and 8 $10 phones from RadioShack.
I set up everything on the customer's conference room table. The telco
guys kept asking where the rest of the system was :)

Everybody in the meeting had a phone so there was no question in any
decision maker's minds that the system would work. Running "top" and
showing that a conference with 8 members only consumed 1/2 of 1% of the
cpu convinced them that the system would scale well.

> On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 14:49 -0700, Erik Espinoza wrote:
>> Sorry, I hit reply instead of reply all.
>
> If reply all actually responds to the reply-to header and reply doesn't,
> your MUA is broken.
>
>> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:03:51 -0500, Steven Critchfield
>> <critch at basesys.com> wrote:

> 2 cards is the highest number recommended. But as I mentioned, it won't
> be completely representative of your suggested final deployment and may
> cause you unforeseen trouble. If you are being serious about testing for
> real deployments, you should go ahead and buy final hardware. If you are
> testing to deploy for a customer, you need to be very aware of your
> final hardware.
> --
> Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

Thanks in advance,