[Asterisk-Users] Generic X100P's

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 11 18:17:23 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 17:23 -0700, Erik Espinoza wrote:
> > If reply all actually responds to the reply-to header and reply doesn't,
> > your MUA is broken.
>
> There is no reply-to header being added in from the asterisk-users
> mailing list, I double checked this by looking through other peoples
> posts. The MUA works fine with mailing lists that actually add the
> reply-to header.

Yes there is. Check again. Oddly enough, your messages have 2 reply-to
messages. In fact the extra Reply-to header may have made me reply to
you and the list on a previous message as my MUA tried to honour both
header lines on this message.

BTW, gmail may be problematic. Wouldn't be the first time I heard of
problems on their system. If you can't find the reply-to header from the
mailserv, you need to see it on a non gmail server.

> > 2 cards is the highest number recommended. But as I mentioned, it won't
> > be completely representative of your suggested final deployment and may
> > cause you unforeseen trouble. If you are being serious about testing for
> > real deployments, you should go ahead and buy final hardware. If you are
> > testing to deploy for a customer, you need to be very aware of your
> > final hardware.
>
> Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind. I'm building a system
> that is just going to recieve user calls for help and call the person
> who is supposed to be on call for the night. This will be tested
> amongst our managers for a few days, making sure that calls ar routed
> properly and that the software works as promised before purchasing the
> final hardware. The agi's are all written and in the 'all voip' system
> work fine. Just want to test with real phone lines to ensure that they
> work with our existing pbx before deploying with 8 lines using the
> tdm400p's

As others are mentioning, you might want to get a T100P. The twist I
will put on it is that if you can drop a PRI or a channelized T1 card
off of the PBX then you get 23 or 24 channels to asterisk for less money
than the 2 TDM cards. Also you know for a fact that there will be less
chance of call quality problems. You know that on PRI you can easily
pass callerid and not delay the call by another 2 rings. With all the
extra capacity, adding VoIP to your existing PBX is a possibility. You
need to look at what it costs to integrate to your PBX, but the asterisk
side is cheaper to go T1 and has better quality and options.