[Asterisk-Users] Vonage, PSTN, 911, and hardware question

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Mon Oct 11 07:21:27 MST 2004

I don't think you want a latching relay, unless you know how to build
the support circuit -- a latching relay has two coils and requires a
short pulse of power on either coil to change state.  The advantage is
that it doesn't need any power to hold state, but of course the circuit
isn't straightforward anymore.

I used:
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=
RLY-625&type=store

On mine and hooked it up to an internal 5V supply of the * box.  When
the box is off, one of my cordless phones gets the line for 911; when
the box is on, the cordless is an extension on *, and the PSTN line goes
into an X100P.