[Asterisk-Users] Re: Sound Problem with * on VIA mini-itx M10K AC97' VT8235 (working)

JR Richardson jr.richardson at cox.net
Sat Oct 9 07:23:34 MST 2004

Guys,

Thanks for your input, I got the sound working.  I calmed down, started over
again and turned off frame buffer.  Tried the kernel 2.4.22 drivers, still
didn't work, tried ALSA, worked but still choppy, put in an option in
modules.conf "options snd-via82xx dxs_support=3" and the sound started
working with asterisk, not great but usable.  I stopped there.

This was a good learning experience, I know more about sound than I ever
cared to and would recommend to everyone to stay away from AC97' sound
chips, there are cheap and finding the right combination of driver,
configurations and options is an exercise in trial and error.

I'm thankful I have this vast knowledge base of Linux and Asterisk users to
solicit.  As I've always said, Asterisk users are the smartest people in the
world.

Thanks.

JR