[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 115

Wolf Paul wnp at doulos.at
Sun Oct 10 10:18:28 MST 2004

Greg Hill <gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us> wrote:

>You probably mentioned this before.. but why Vonage? Since you're using
>the PSTN for receiving calls and VOIP for placing calls, why not go with
>another, more enlightened, vendor? Everybody offers US domestic long
>distance cheap as dirt, and most other vendors' plans are less expensive
>than Vonage's anyway. The main advantage here is that you get to work with
>a vendor who will provide you with SIP (or IAX, or something else)
>credentials to make your * box talk directly to them.

I have not seen another UNLIMITED FLATRATE offer. That alone, if I
expect to make many long calls,
would make me go with Vonage, even if I have to go out through the ATA.
Of course that leave one with the problem that you cannot make multiple
simultaneous calls that way (but that is probably the intention, and why
their softphone account is not available with unlimited calls.

Wolf Paul