[Asterisk-Users] SPA3000 as a replacement for X100P

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Sat Oct 9 23:46:17 MST 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 09:09:33AM -0400, David Cook wrote:
> I am still haveing problems (echo) with my X100P but I'm thinking it has
> more to do with the server it is in which is not a negotiable item at
> this time. My question then is to the use of SPA3000's as a replacement
> from the FXO standpoint.

I just got a SPA3000 and I have some slight echo issues there as well although I
havn't upgraded the firmware yet so that may go away.

> 1. Can you setup the FXO port to recognize distinctinve ring and call a
> different context like you can do with Zap channels? Being able to call
> a different extension inside the same context would be even better.

No, the only distinctive ring feature of the SPA3k is to ring the FXS port
in different ways.  There are however cheap boxes on Ebay that will detect
distinctive ring and route the call to different phones/SPAs so this might
be an option.

> 2. What about fax? Can FXO recognize fax and send it somewhere
> different? (Force codec, maybe just bridge gw0-gw1, etc.)

Not so far as I can tell.  It does detect faxes but it doesn't seem to do
much with that info.

--
Ray