[Asterisk-Users] SPA3000 as a replacement for X100P

Fri Oct 8 22:14:11 MST 2004

On Fri,  8 Oct 2004 09:09:33 -0400, David Cook <dbc_asterisk at advan.ca> wrote:

> 2. What about fax? Can FXO recognize fax and send it somewhere
> different? (Force codec, maybe just bridge gw0-gw1, etc.)

I haven't tried this yet, but it is my understanding that the SPA does
recognise incoming FAX and you could for example then send it to a FAX
machine connected to the FXS port.

> 3. On the dialplan side, is there a mechanism for grouping FXO's like in
> Zap so I could have a pool of these. (I recognize that you probably
> want to go with something else for a quantity of FXO's but for the
> home/soho a pool could mean as little as 2 and you still want to
> leverage the functionality).

If you have only two lines and use two SPAs, I tend to think that the
effort to write your Asterisk dialplan to do the grouping "manually"
so to speak would still be reasonable. In my view, the more lines you
are going to have, the less sense it makes using SPAs and you should
rather be looking into multiport FXOs with a built-in facility to
group the ports.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.