[Asterisk-Users] Bypass VoiceMail Mailbox prompt

Paul Dugas Paul at DugasEnterprises.com
Fri Oct 8 06:16:48 MST 2004

While setting my first couple IP phones, I set their voicemail buttons to
an extension that runs VoicemailMain.

  exten => 8500,1,Wait(1)                       ; voicemail
  exten => 8500,2,VoicemailMain                 ;
  exten => 8500,3,Hangup                        ;

I would like to be able to pass the mailbox number allowing each phone to
go in directly but I'd rather tno have a bunch of different extensions
with the mailbox number hard coded:

  exten => 8500,1,Wait(1)                       ; voicemail
  exten => 8500,2,VoicemailMain(${VMBOX})       ;
  exten => 8500,3,Hangup                        ;

The hitch is, I'm not sure how to identify the voicemail box associated
with the channel.  Is there an way to get the current channel's "mailbox="
value from the iax|sip|zapata.conf files as a variable for use in the
dialplan?

Thanks,

Paul

--
Paul A. Dugas                               Dugas Enterprises, LLC
email: paul at dugasenterprises.com            1711 Indian Ridge Drive