[Asterisk-Users] How to become an IP Service Provider?

Senad Jordanovic senad at boltblue.com
Sat Oct 9 10:39:06 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Bicom is a bit fishy for requiring you to register before viewing
> their pricing, however.
>>>

> Well, I registered because I wanted the pricing. After registering
> the text that said "Must be registered" changed to "Contact Us"
> that's pretty sad. Tell people to register to get the price then when
> they register tell them they have to contact them.

There is a good reason for above.

Our billing system (completely integrated with SWITCHware) allows us to set
prices for Retail/Consumer,
Commercial, Reseller etc. account types. After a user registers, the web
site displays "contact us" instead of prices
in order to make sure each user has access to their account type
prices/content.
Once the user has made a contact, we can determine the appropriate account
type for that user and change it accordingly.

SJ