[Asterisk-Users] SPA3000 as a replacement for X100P

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Fri Oct 8 06:09:33 MST 2004

I am still haveing problems (echo) with my X100P but I'm thinking it has
more to do with the server it is in which is not a negotiable item at
this time. My question then is to the use of SPA3000's as a replacement
from the FXO standpoint.

1. Can you setup the FXO port to recognize distinctinve ring and call a
different context like you can do with Zap channels? Being able to call
a different extension inside the same context would be even better.

2. What about fax? Can FXO recognize fax and send it somewhere
different? (Force codec, maybe just bridge gw0-gw1, etc.)

3. On the dialplan side, is there a mechanism for grouping FXO's like in
Zap so I could have a pool of these. (I recognize that you probably
want to go with something else for a quantity of FXO's but for the
home/soho a pool could mean as little as 2 and you still want to
leverage the functionality).

Thanks, dbc.
--
David Cook