[Asterisk-Users] Need help configuring T1

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Fri Oct 8 15:08:59 MST 2004

Shilliday, Jim wrote:

> I have Asterisk (today’s CVS) running on a P4, RedHat9, with a T100P
> installed.  Our T1 is provisioned by MCI and terminates in an AdTran “T1
> CSU ACE” box that’s now connected to an Altigen T1 card in our current
> PBX.  I need to move that wire to the * T100P (I assume I need to keep
> the AdTran in the circuit?).  I’m told that we have a PRI, channels 1-23
> are voice and channel 24 is reserved for signaling.  I’m pretty sure I
> have the drivers installed properly, modprobe tells me it sees the
> T100P.  I’ve reviewed what materials I can find, but I’m still far from
> clear on what the contents of zaptel.conf and zapata.conf need to be to
> get this connection working.   I just need one span and one line group,
> nothing fancy.  Does anyone have working files for a similar
> configuration?    Thanks.

i like those CSU ACE's, you could remove it from the mix since
the t100p card will do it's job (but since it has those
monitoring jacks on the side, it's an easy 'tap' point for an
analyzer (like a t-berd) if there are any issues.
(a year ago i tested with a CSU ACE inline, and removed, but
those were D4 AMI SF immediate start lines, worked great both ways)

as for configs, someone else will have to offer those up.