[Asterisk-Users] Need help configuring T1

Shilliday, Jim JShilliday at ejcenter.org
Fri Oct 8 14:37:30 MST 2004

I have Asterisk (today's CVS) running on a P4, RedHat9, with a T100P
installed.  Our T1 is provisioned by MCI and terminates in an AdTran "T1
CSU ACE" box that's now connected to an Altigen T1 card in our current
PBX.  I need to move that wire to the * T100P (I assume I need to keep
the AdTran in the circuit?).  I'm told that we have a PRI, channels 1-23
are voice and channel 24 is reserved for signaling.  I'm pretty sure I
have the drivers installed properly, modprobe tells me it sees the
T100P.  I've reviewed what materials I can find, but I'm still far from
clear on what the contents of zaptel.conf and zapata.conf need to be to
get this connection working.   I just need one span and one line group,
nothing fancy.  Does anyone have working files for a similar
configuration?    Thanks.

Jim Shilliday

IT Director

Equal Justice Center