[Asterisk-Users] Application "Dial" option A

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Oct 8 14:39:51 MST 2004

Hello,

	"show application dial" says:

'A(x)' -- play an announcement to the called party, using x as file

Does this actually work?  I have tried it a couple of times and cannot
get it to function as described.  This is what I wish to accomplish:

1)  Client calls into my pbx, dials my extension.

2)  I am not at my desk, and call hits my voicemail.

3)  The Client presses "*" during my unavailable message and the call
goes out to my cellphone.

4)  Because the callerid on the outgoing call from my pbx was set to the
caller id of the original incoming call, I can't tell if the client
called my pbx first and was transferred, or if they just called my cell
phone directly.  The "A" option looks like I can use that to play a file
back to me after I answer my phone telling me that they originally
called into my pbx.

	I have 1-3 working perfectly, but 4 does not seem to work?  Is it
possible, and would the dial "A" option work?

--
Kristian Kielhofner