[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe MySQL Patch - Testers Needed

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Oct 6 07:09:35 MST 2004

You obviously didn't understand what I meant. I never said anything about
bloating MeetMe with admin tasks. I never said anything about adding admin
tasks to MeetMe. I guess what I didn't say was this patch will allow easy
creation of a web-based administration tool. Oh wait. I did. I don't see how
that can be read as bloating up app_meetme.so with admin tasks.

My patch simply swaps the 20-so lines of code originally used to read in
"meetme.conf" to instead read from the database. That's it.

If you were going to write a web-based front end to dynamically create
conferences, would you rather mess with writing out and mainting integrity
on a flatfile, or in a database?

A product comes to mind where a visitor goes to your companies website,
clicks 'Buy Conference'. They goto another page fill in some info from a
custom script and upon the webstore charging their credit card, it inserts
into the database a new conference number and pin and presents the
purchassee with the information necessary to use the conference they just
purchased.

Matthew