[Asterisk-Users] Re: MeetMe MySQL Patch - Testers Needed

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 05:12:19 MST 2004

In article <4162EB68.6050403 at nufone.net>,
Jeremy McNamara <jj at nufone.net> wrote:
> Matthew Boehm wrote:
>
> > This patch will allow app_meetme to dynamically lookup conference numbers
> > and pins
> > in a database (MySQL).  This allows for easy creation of web-based
> > conference administration.
>

> Why does MeetMee need to be bloated with administration tasks?

For only the same reason that it is "bloated" with reading meetme.conf

> MeetMe is a conferencing application, let it conference.  If you want to
> pull authentication out of a DB, write an app that does exactly that.

And replicate some of the built-in functionality already in MeetMe....

The OP's suggestion seems perfectly reasonable to me. I have my own
version of MeetMe that does the same (but isn't ready for release yet).

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield