[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe MySQL Patch - Testers Needed

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Oct 6 07:30:06 MST 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Matthew Boehm wrote:

> My patch simply swaps the 20-so lines of code originally used to read in
> "meetme.conf" to instead read from the database. That's it.
>
> If you were going to write a web-based front end to dynamically create
> conferences, would you rather mess with writing out and mainting integrity
> on a flatfile, or in a database?

Or you can use dynamic conferences and put the logic in the dialplan / an
agi that in turn talks to the database. This is _much_ more flexible than
anything hard-coded in the meetme application. You can have differenct pin
codes with access at different times of day etc.

The meetme.conf way of doing things is good for what it is ment to handle
- a small number of statically configured conferences. For anything else
you can use dynamic conferences with the authentication in the dialplan.

Peter