[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Has Sipura support been closed down?

Tue Oct 5 07:35:08 MST 2004

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:11:28 -0500, Andres <andres at telesip.net> wrote:
> Sipura does not support end users.  That is the job of the reseller.
>  From their web site
>  "For support questions related to your Sipura product, please contact
> an authorized Sipura Technology reseller. If you are a Sipura Technology
> service provider, partner, reseller or distributor please enter the
> Support Center <login/index.htm> for additional technical product and
> contact information."
>
> They might answer emails from end users every now and then but don't
> count on it.

That doesn't exactly speak for them.

I am not an end user anyway. We are a consulting firm and I am trying
to help one of Sipura's customers to get the unit working after the
reseller failed or refused to deal with the issue.

Further, Sipura know that if we can get the unit to work, the customer
will lend us the box for a while so I can create a Sipura Assistant
for Asterisk, a GUI tool to auto-configure Asterisk to use the
SPA-3000. I have emailed a contact in their "partner" department who
claimed that they would be supportive of open source development
(contrary to their deeds) and asked him to back up his claims by
getting their support department to respond.

If they are hiding behind legalese and don't get back to us, then that
would only show how shortsighted they are and that they probably don't
deserve anybody to support nor even buy their products.

Too bad Grandstream's HT-486 doesn't make the FXO port addressable
from the VoIP side.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.