[Asterisk-Users] How to become an IP Service Provider?

Mike Meyer mjmeyer at gendesign.com
Mon Oct 4 09:06:54 MST 2004

* Users,

	We have had the * running as our office PBX now for the last 3 weeks.
Things working well with the 5 SIP phones (SNOM200 and GS BT100) and
access to the PSTN via TDM400P with 2 FXO ports.

	The next step is to interconnect our multiple stores and configure a
central * server, centralize and share dialing plans etc. All that fun
stuff!! In addition the plan is to eventually evolve to using a VoIP
provider like vonage, att, voicepulse etc to provide a PSTN dialed
number access to our business through IP to our * server. Or we do this
and become an IP provider ourselves.

	This is another market and are exploring the latter, and the
possibilities of setting up ourselves as an IP provider. Are there any
good tutorials or cookbooks on using asterisk to set up and become an IP
provider? I am especially interested in how to get regional and national
PSTN access from an IP network and the cost to do such.

	Any links or resources that you can direct us to would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Meyer