[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 79XX Conference Call Issue

Shawn Kelley shawn at accenttek.com
Mon Oct 4 09:01:13 MST 2004

I am having trouble making Conference calls using the Cisco 79XX phones.
I Make the first leg (to another cisco phone),
press the conference/hold button,
make the second leg (to an outside call),
press the Join/Conference and the display shows that both lines are
connected together,
however, the first leg continues to get MOH and I can only talk to the
second leg.

The only thing I can think of, is I notice after calling the other Cisco
phone, Asterisk says something about trying to connect them directly
together, does this mean that they are communicating directly to each
other and not going through the asterisk server? If so, Is that maybe
what is causing the above problem?

Thanks!
--Shawn