[Asterisk-Users] BUG? no output from 'sip show users|inuse|active|subscriptions' when using MySQL auth

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Fri Oct 1 11:49:55 MST 2004

It is niether.  Since the sip users/peers are looked up everytime
you access them, they are not contained in the in-memory structures
which are the basis for those commands.  This is just an inherant
difference in structure.  The only way to get that information would
be to query it everytime, unless it is loaded up into memory. (Which
makes a reload necessary to see changes)

Another thing that you will notice that will not work is voicemail
waiting indicator.  You can still receive e-mails when a voicemail is
left, but you can't get the indicator light to work on the phone.

For an alternative to the dynamic loading of config info take a look
at res_config_odbc which will allow you to load it up from the DB
into the normal memory structures.

Robert Jackson