[Asterisk-Users] capture codes

Mohammed Salim msalim at ezzitel.com
Fri Oct 1 11:51:31 MST 2004

Hi guys,

does anyone know how to capture the return codes recieved from a carrier on
a call fail? and then use them in your extensions.conf to do different
things on different return codes?  For example, if i get a "internal server
error" back from the carrier, I want to play a particular message to the
user and if I get a "Forbidden" back from the carrier I play something else
or do something else.  Right now, the way it stands is that any and all
return codes go to the busy extension. I don't want it to go to busy for all
kinds of failed return codes.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Mohammed Salim