[Asterisk-Users] BUG? no output from 'sip show users|inuse|active|subscriptions' when using MySQL auth

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Fri Oct 1 12:00:40 MST 2004

Robert Jackson wrote:

> It is niether.  Since the sip users/peers are looked up everytime
> you access them, they are not contained in the in-memory structures
> which are the basis for those commands.  This is just an inherant
> difference in structure.  The only way to get that information would
> be to query it everytime, unless it is loaded up into memory. (Which
> makes a reload necessary to see changes)

By any chance this gonna be fixed/changed in the coming releases? Which
is the proper way to request this for the cdr_mysql?

> Another thing that you will notice that will not work is voicemail
> waiting indicator.  You can still receive e-mails when a voicemail is
> left, but you can't get the indicator light to work on the phone.
>
> For an alternative to the dynamic loading of config info take a look
> at res_config_odbc which will allow you to load it up from the DB
> into the normal memory structures.

Does moving to res_config_odbc fixes BOTH of the problems?
Actually, what is the prefered method of accessing sipfriends from a
database instead of sip.conf? We're planning to have 5000+ users, which
is the best way to proceed? SER proxy auth via radius?

Thanks,
Vahan