[Asterisk-Users] Experiences with Termination Providers?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Tue Nov 30 17:14:21 MST 2004

Me wrote:
> Hmm, interesting.. I guess my company is the "Unicorn" of wholesale
> dialup.. We are not a huge company but we do offer reliable services and
> the BEST customer service/tech support in the industry..
>
> Guess I was silly for thinking I could find the same in the VOIP game..
> Thanks for your input.

There are MANY MANY more ISPs than ITSPs (VoIP providers).  My local ISP
is one of the "unicorn" ISPs.  They are a redional ISP.  Large enough to
have reliable service, small enough to actually provide support for
their customers.

There seem to be a fairly large number of companies that offer outbound
toll calling and inbound toll free service over VoIP, but a MUCH more
limited number of companies offer inbound non-toll free numbers.  I
suspect the cost of entry into the first market is reasonably small,
where the cost of entering the DID market is much more.