[Asterisk-Users] Spandsp kind of working

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Tue Nov 30 08:23:00 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 08:44 -0600, Eric Rees wrote:
> I have spandsp installed and working, but when it emails using Scotts
> mailfax, the attachment is a dat file.  I tried to rename the file to
> .tiff or .pdf, but it will not open.  In the /var/spool/asterisk/fax
> folder, that faxes are there as tiffs, and I can open those without any
> trouble.  The problem is in the conversion from tiff to pdf.  Is there
> another package that needs to be installed for the conversion to work?

It looks like libtiff on certain distributions, certainly Mandrake
Cooker, is broken. I went through a lot of testing with Steve to get
faxes received properly and found that Mandrake had not applied a patch
highlighted on the Hylafax page. I am also having problems with mailfax
but is coming from libtiff or it's tools. If you look at the dat file
it's probable the error report about tile size.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>