[Asterisk-Users] unable to compile testcpuid.c in spandsp in x86_64

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Nov 29 07:14:36 MST 2004

Nicolás Gudiño wrote:

>Hello,
>

>>I'm unable to compile testcpuid.c with the __x86_64__ architecture
>>(Athlon 64 processor).  The messages are:
>>
>>/tmp/ccONleRV.s: Assembly messages:
>>/tmp/ccONleRV.s: Error: suffix or operands invalid for 'pushf'
>>" 'pop'
>>" 'push'
>>" 'popf'
>>
>>Is it safe to ignore this module?
>>

>I have similar problems compiling under PPC. I just removed that
>module together with other troubling assembler parts (MMX detection
>routines). After that it compiled fine and worked well (but the
>platform is 32 bits, I dunno if it will work under a 64bit platform).
>Regards,

It would be nice if we customised the code for PPC, and maybe ARM. The
only thing I really do in assembly right now is "where is the top bit".
There is usually an instruction for this on most modern CPUs. It can
really speed up a couple of things. It think it should really be a
standard C intrinsic.

Regards,
Steve